26 June 2010

The state of the Blog, 26 June 2010

So…

As you can tell, I’m slowly trying to reactivate things again. Again.


I’ll make no excuses for how intermittent my posting has been. I could, I suppose, but there’s no reason to air stuff out. Besides, it’s my stuff, you know?


The premise behind this particular post is to try and not make any promises for what I’ll be doing moving forward, but instead give an outline for how I’d like to move forward. I do enjoy having this blog, and it deserves attention. At the same time, there’s a dozen other things I enjoy doing with my time, and I don’t want any of them to suffer for another. I don’t know that I will be posting here every day, but I’ll try to offer up some of the usual mix of news and reviews and opinions I’ve done in the past. I can tell you that generally speaking weekends will be right out for posting (this may well be the only weekend post you see from me...at least for the time being); I usually either have too much to do, or am sleeping, so unless something big comes my way, you’ll probably only be seeing posts Mondays through Fridays.
I also won't be announcing upcoming features or reviews; this way, if something comes up that's big I won't feel bad about skipping over something, and if I need a few days for anything I won't feel guilty.

Mondays will be, generally speaking, a special matter, as I’m planning them to be what I’m calling Magma Monday. It’s the only theme post I have plotted out, and I’ll be looking at a wide range of Zeuhl-ish topics; studio albums, live albums, concerts I’ve seen, and the occasional dipping into other, less official recordings. Other than that, we’ll see much of the same material as I’ve posted before...just a little slower and without quite as much intensity. This may mean the occasional longer post as necessary.


This week has really been more of a priming the engines kind of week; this coming week will see the first installment of Magma Monday, and we’ll take it from there.

No comments: