01 July 2008

Kurt Michaels festival dates (electronic/ambeint music)

From his recent news post:

I'm happy to announce some festival shows that we have coming up! We get to see some of our old friends again at Electro-Music 2008 in Kingsport, TN on August 16th and make some new friends at the Baltimore Music Conference in September (date tba shortly) and the City Skies Festival in Atlanta on October 4th.

For people that are familiar with my performances, I will once again be accompanied on synth by my good friend Jim Gully at these shows. In addition to the "fourth dimensional" soundscapes we are known for, our shows will also include a preview of some of the new musical "works in progress" being written for my next cd, which will introduce some good old fashioned singing and songwriting elements in the vein of the decidedly ethereal instrumental tracks we've been producing to date. These shows will also be amongst my first performances utilizing my new Godin LGXT, which is a guitar that allows me to mix in any combination of three voices: standard electric guitar pickups, a piezo electric pickup for acoustic guitar sounds and finally a midi pickup for synth sounds.


I expect some very pleasant musical surprises to come from this!


Hope to see you there !


KMCc:)


www.myspace.com/kurtmichaels1

No comments: